The new APX SmartMAP application brings enhanced navigation and performance to APX SmartMAP users, and also allows for push notifications to be setup directly from CAD to the APX SmartMAP app.
The steps below can be followed to set up the SmartMAP app on iPhone or iPad.
a) First, the APX SmartMAP application should be downloaded from the App Store.
b) Next, a certificate will need to be installed in the application. This can be completed by following these steps:
- Launch the App
- Open the App Settings
- Select Login to Generate Certificate
- Select the US Region
- Enter the Username and Password for an Admin-level account, then select Login
- Select Download/Generate Certificate
- Tap a displayed certificate to install the certificate to the app
c) The next step is to register for Push Notifications, and can be done immediately after certificate installation. This can be completed by following these steps:
- If required, launch the app and login through the App Settings
- Select Register for Notifications
- Select Register Device
The app should provide some feedback indicating that the device has been registered and a token generated.
d) Lastly, re-start the application.
The app is now set up with a certificate and to receive Push Notifications.