To setup access to APX SmartMAP or SmartView on MacOS, an APX certificate needs to be installed in the login keychain.
Note: Certificates installed in the system keychain will not be function properly with SmartMAP, as users will be prompted to enter the system keychain password repeatedly.
Installing an APX Certificate on MacOS
The following procedures apply to MacOS 12 (Monterey).
- Download an APX Certificate from the CityScape Admin Portal
The certificate will be downloaded to the Mac Downloads folder.
- Open the Keychain Access application
- Drag and drop the downloaded APX Certificate from the Downloads folder to Login > Certificates
A dialog box will be displayed requesting the certificate password. See screenshot (drag 1 to 2).
- Enter the certificate password, then press OK
- Open Safari
- Navigate to https://smartmap.cityscape-suite.com (ca for US)
A dialog box will be displayed requesting your certificate.
- When prompted, select the APX certificate to use as authentication
A dialog box will be displayed requesting your login password.
- Enter your login password and select Always Allow
Selecting Always Allow rather than Allow will ensure you are not asked to re-enter your login password.
An APX certificate has been successfully installed on MacOS.