A brand-new SmartCapture/SmartInspect update (Version 3.1.4.) has been released today, and brings with it a powerful and exciting new feature.
- Function Fields - Allow SmartCapture and/or SmartInspect to automatically complete your calculations. Automatically generate a building's square footage by inputting its dimensions, or quickly and easily complete fireflow calculations for differing levels of involvement. With the new function fields, any required calculations can be programmed into your form.
- Show/Hide Fields - Show and hide form fields based off the value input to another field. Quickly configure different form layouts/complexities by choosing from a pre-configured list of options.
- Default Values - Fields can now be set with a default value on initial building creation. Users can save time if a field has a standard or typical value: users only have to interact with the field if they have to modify the default value.
- Edited Fields - SmartCapture and SmartInspect will highlight form fields in yellow when they have unsaved changes, allowing users to see at a glance which fields they have edited. This new UI will be available to all users who update to the latest version, and requires no additional configurations by APX.
- Read-only Fields - A new form field type that cannot be directly edited. The most common use of these would be with the new Function field type, where the value presented in the field is based off of values input to other form fields. Read-only fields are displayed with a dark grey border, white text, and have the icon displayed.
- Access to the new APX Support Portal - The SmartCapture/SmartInspect support section has been updated to allow users to access the new APX Support Portal from within the application. Access FAQs, troubleshooting guides, user documentation, and submit support tickets, all within the app.
If you would like to take advantage of any of the new features, you can submit a form configuration ticket through the APX Support Portal.
Note: in order to take advantage of this new feature, your SmartCapture application will need to be updated to Version 3.1.4., available in the App Store now. Furthermore, your SmartCapture form will need to be configured with function fields.